What to pack in a hospital bag? Hospital bag checklist for new mom and baby.
When preparing for childbirth, it’s important to pack a hospital bag with essential items to ensure you’re comfortable during your stay.
Here’s a hospital bag checklist for new mom and baby:
For the mother:
- Maternity or nursing bras
- Comfortable underwear
- Nursing pads
- Maternity or loose-fitting clothing
- Slippers or comfortable shoes
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, soap)
- Hair ties or clips
- Nursing pillow (optional)
- Snacks and drinks
- Phone charger
- Entertainment items (books, magazines, or other forms of entertainment)
- Important documents (ID, insurance information, birth plan, hospital paperwork)
For the baby:
- Newborn diapers
- Baby wipes
- Onesies or bodysuits
- Swaddling blankets
- Hat and socks
- Going-home outfit
- Car seat (installed in advance)
- Pillow and blanket for your partner or support person
- Camera or video recorder (if desired)
- Nursing cover (if preferred)
We hope you found this hospital bag checklist for new mom and baby helpful! It’s a good idea to pack your hospital bag a few weeks before your due date to ensure you have everything you need. Keep in mind that different hospitals may have specific guidelines or recommendations, so it’s worth checking with your healthcare provider or the hospital where you plan to give birth to get any additional suggestions or requirements.
For more tips for new moms, explore this resource from WebMD.
The PowerMom platform invites pregnant people to collect and contribute important pregnancy-related health information through app-based surveys and wearable sensors. PowerMom Connect is a new, paid sub-study within the PowerMom platform. It is focused on supporting mothers during the postpartum period.